Saturday, June 4, 2011

In My Box

Yesterday's lack of blog was dedicated to my final attempt to make it look like I put some effort in to my job. I no longer work there so I can now put my effort wherever I please... well, until Tuesday when I start my new position.

I don't want to talk about my last day at my job. No one warns you that when you chuck your notice in at work you will spend the last day there realising that you are actually pretty fond of most of the people in the building in some way. Or at least that's how it was for me... when you see people everyday it's quite easy to imagine you'll always see them. Once I knew I wasn't going to see these people again (for the most part) I realised how much I wanted to know some of them better. I hope things work out well. Saying goodbye to the faces certainly was the worst thing about leaving the place.

This evening I intended to sit down and wade through the mass of crap that's in my email inbox. I've reached the point now where people are starting to phone me for a response about the emails that they haven't got responses from. I'm not sure whether they're going to start turning up on my doorstep when they realise that I loathe voicemails and rarely listen to them. Perhaps I'll have an army of carrier pigeons knocking on the window with different messages in their mangy beaks. I wouldn't like that - I'm not a fan of birds at the best of times, let alone when they're trying to reach me with poorly worded memos.

I don't know why correspondence bores me to tears so much... my problem is that I read the messages, I think of the answer and then I don't respond. I know this is irresponsible, and I can't understand either why I don't just reply straight away but it's like a mental block. It's like I'm playing some ridiculous school girl game of not replying to a txt messae for at least 2 hours to make it seem like I'm aloof. It's pretty ridiculous to try and be aloof to people you need stuff from.

So, tonight I am going to attempt to burn my pile of correspondence and get straight answers to everyone... obviously the fact that I'm blogging instead of doing anything about it is a good start...

No comments:

Post a Comment